Still, I rise

13th November '2017















I've not been too well.
In fact I've been feeling very low.

But not all the time. 
It's been in bands. 

I've been crying. 
They tell you it's normal. All moms cry. So I think it must be normal. 
I thought I cried a bit too much. But then I had twins! 

I thought I could handle it.
It seems I haven't been able to. Atleast not effectively.

It has a name.
Shhh....It's a taboo. No one can know.

Know how many mothers suffer some form of Postpartum Depression?
1 of 5 mothers. And it's 4 out of 5 mothers of multiples (includes mother of twins, that's me). 

Know how many people trolled me for feeling low?
9 out of 10 (or more)

But, at this point in time I don't a give a shit!

The truth is I feel like shit. But at this point in time I own every bit of shit that I am.
It's me. And mine.



OKAY. That was intense.

Focus. Focus. Focus. Again.


What's different today is that I'm ready to launch an expedition to get back to myself. I don't know whether I'll succeed or not. I'll just put every bit of me into this.

GAME PLAN

For the Mind:
1. Magic 28 day experiment
2. Weekly appointments to figure out my triggers and understand myself better
3. Blog. Write. Write. Blog.
4. Dabble: books, cinema, music

For the Body:
1. Atleast one physical activity per day
2. Nutrition (this is gonna be a tough nut, but I'm gonna crack it)

For the Soul:
1. Meditate atleast 10 minutes everyday
2. Communicate (conversation, writing) with my soul friends
3. Conversations with my soul - poetry, art, dance

And the last but not the least cross-category thingie:
Hold my partner and three kids, extraordinarily close. In other words "squeeze them".



1 comment:

Aditi said...

This piece so beautifully echoes what so many moms ( new and not so new) would be
going through.. the struggle is real