I told you so


15th September '18

you were 18, I was 18
we became friends.
best friends
you were 20, I was  20
we expressed our love to each other
promised eternity

you were my first love. I wasn’t yours
you’re my only love.  but am I yours?

if I’ve known love, I’ve known only through you
if I’ve known pain, I’ve known only through you

the smell of you drives me mad. it haunts me
I smell your towels, I smell your shirts,
I smell you and I’m high.

you’re the one, I’ve always loved
you’re the dream, my only dream

the touch of you melts me.
it’s something I can’t do without
it’s something I need to sleep safely at night.

if I’ve known ecstasy, I’ve known only through you
if I’ve known vulnerable threat, I’ve known only through you

I’ve always hung on to your every word
believed every one of them to be true
then why did you lie to me?

I go here, I go there
I look for it everywhere

you’re the one who always gave me peace
what do I do, when you only take it away?

I’m hurting, but I do not say
I’m crying but I do not let the tears drop
I’m holding out my hand to you
But you don’t hold it

is this death?
the death of love?
the triumph of life over everything celestial

then this life without love means nothing to me
this love without longing seems empty to me
and this relationship without trust rings hollow

the earthquake’s epicenter was my everything dear
the foundations and bricks stay scattered around

what do I do with the ruble?
let it be or make house elsewhere?

I try to clean the mess
every tiny bit seems impossible to even pick up
a little speck weighs me down
and I can’t move

I drop it
I let it be

I enter the castle of rubles
strutting my stuff
and wearing my hero cape I sleep

undreaming
undreaming
undreaming

this never happened
it’s all in my head.





Foundation’s strong?
One more blow and I’ll break
There will be nothing of me
To speak or die or live

I donno what dreams to see
I donno where to go with you
I donno what to do
I donno what to repair

Do I know anything at all?
Just a false sense of knowing

Resurrections are for gods
We’re mere mortals

Innocence is lost when we grow up
How do we return to it again?

I like the way you say things
It makes my heart flutter

But I’m afraid
Very afraid
I do not know what to think





I see the beauty
I see the love
I see the rainbow
I see the sunshine

But then the clouds come over
And scare me
It’s dark and dirty and slimy

Will these nightmares ever go?
Will these promises be forever?

I always listen to my heart
And my head scolds ‘I told you so”

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.